You are at the right place if:-
- You want to know about a perfect domain name
- You want to learn about what’s web hosting
- You want to know about the best blogging platform
- If you want to start your own WordPress blog
- And if you want to make money out of it
Let me show you how to start a blog that will help you showcase your talent over the web. This free guide will walk you through a step by step tutorial which will lead to an outstanding professional looking blog at the end.
Let’s get started…
The Contents Are
- What is Web Hosting
- What Is A Domain Name
- Choosing And Purchasing A Domain Name
- The best web host to select as a beginner
- Step 1. Head Over To The BlueHost Homepage. Click on the get started button
- Step 2. In this step, you will have to select a plan based on the budget you have.
- Step 3. Choose, enter and get a domain name for free.
- Step 4. In this page, you are going to enter your personal details as well as the payment details.
- Step 5. The moment you complete your payment, Bluehost will ask you to set a password for your Bluehost hosting control panel.
- Step 6. Bluehost is a WordPress core optimized host and WordPress comes pre-installed
- Step 7. Bluehost will welcome you and Now, your WordPress installation is active.
- Step 8. Currently, your WordPress blog will be showing coming soon page.
- Basic Settings and Customization After WordPress Installation
Before heading to WordPress installation and other technical things, you should know about at least three things that will help you in future to better handle your blog and it’s growth.
The first thing you need to know about is “Web Hosting”:
What is Web Hosting
The web host is where your whole Blog resides. When you purchase a hosting plan from a web hosting provider, you are given a server where you can store your files, images, content and other data. Without it, there is no web and no websites. It’s the most important aspect while starting a blog and you need to make sure you have the best one.
The second thing you need to know about is “Domain Name”.
What Is A Domain Name
A domain name is a specific name you want your IP address to be called with. Whenever you purchase a web hosting plan, you are allocated with a specific IP address either shared or dedicated. When you link your name server with this IP, that’s where the domain redirects anyone who tries to access it from a browser.
Now, We need to move one step ahead which will pull us closer to the most exciting part.
Choosing And Purchasing A Domain Name
As far as the purchase part is concerned, You can have a free domain forever as well. Yes, you don’t need to purchase your preferred domain name as the web host we are going to signup for will be giving you a free domain forever.
The best web host to select as a beginner
By every means, it is BlueHost.
Bluehost gives you the best available price for shared hosting services. I strongly recommend you to go with them as they are the best host available for any beginner. For all of my amazing readers, Bluehost has given me a special discount of 60% on every plan to share with you.
All you have to do is click on any of the BlueHost links in this guide which are affiliate links. That will give you a 60% discount and a free domain.
Now, we will start our step by step process of starting to end which includes:-
- Purchasing a web hosting plan
- Registering a Free Domain
- Installing WordPress
- Customizing the WordPress stock
- Giving a professional touch to our blog
Here we go!
On this page, click the green get started button.
Step 2. In this step, you will have to select a plan based on the budget you have.
Among all the three plans available, the best for you will be the prime plan. It has unlimited website space, website spam protection, malware protection, free marketing credits, domain privacy and other highly recommended and helpful features.
Click on the select button and move on to next step.
Step 3. Choose, enter and get a domain name for free.
Bluehost gives you one domain name for free, so, on the second page, you will need to enter your preferred domain name with the extension. A .com domain extension is preferred. It should be short and memorable.
Keep in mind that your domain name will be your brand, so, think of a name that is brandable and unique.
Enter your domain name and click on the next button.
Step 4. In this page, you are going to enter your personal details as well as the payment details.
I prefer to pay via PayPal rather than paying via credit card. You can click on the more payments options button and pay via PayPal as well. Click on the submit button and proceed to the next step.
Click on the create your password button.
On the next screen, you will have to enter your desired password. Choose a password which is hard to guess and consists of at least two special characters and numbers including upper and lower space letters. Once you have created a strong password, click on the next button and move on to the next step.
You’ll see a screen like this, confirm your registration for Bluehost hosting account.
Step 6. Bluehost is a WordPress core optimized host and WordPress comes pre-installed
For your convenience, WordPress comes preinstalled on your server starting from 2018. Here on the next screen, you will have to select a theme for your new WordPress blog. I recommend you to choose Sydney or Hestia theme as they both are highly customizable and SEO friendly.
Once you select a theme, you will see the start building button your site button on the next page. Click on the button and proceed to next step.
Step 7. Bluehost will welcome you and Now, your WordPress installation is active.
But your site is not live on the internet. On this page, WordPress will ask you to choose the type of the website you want to create. if you would like to create a business website that is owned by an organization and will serve as a company resource, choose business.
If you want to create a WordPress blog which will be used and maintained by you and you would like to share your opinion, talent, and views through it, you should click on the personal button.
Step 8. Currently, your WordPress blog will be showing coming soon page.
This means that you can build your blog, design it, install the plugins and so on without showing your users. I recommend you to leave it as it is. Let’s do some basic customization and settings after which we can launch our blog and make it go live!
Here’s how you C-panel will look, Bluehost calls it BlueRock C-panel.
Basic Settings and Customization After WordPress Installation
Here, I have exactly demonstrated the 3 basic settings you need to configure. The very first thing you need to do is deleting default posts and pages.
Go to posts menu and here click on the all posts menu. There is a default post from WordPress with tile hello world. All you need to do is click on trash to delete it.
Similarly, go to the pages and comments section and delete the default pages and comments with the same procedure.
Now, we need to change the permalink structure. The better your link structure is the better will be the user experience and SEO.
Go to settings and click on permalinks section. Change the day and name to post name. Click on save.
Now, We have to update our ping list. Head over to the post where I have posted the updated ping list with a tutorial.
That’s all, Congratulations, your blog is now live. You can access your WordPress dashboard anytime by going to the link
Replace yourdomain with your original domain name.
Here are few helpful “How-to” guides which will make you an intermediate blogger in few weeks:-
- How to install WordPress plugins
- How to install WordPress themes
- How To protect Wp-admin for security hardening
- How to Optimize WordPress for faster loading speed
- How to prevent your images from resizing and getting blurred
- How To Stop Self Pinging & Trackbacks In WordPress
Here are a few WordPress plugins for your every need:-
- 5 Essential plugins for every blogger
- 11 plugins to make yourself a pro blogger
- 11 Best WordPress Security Plugins To Keep Your Site Secure (Install one of them right away)
- WordPress plugins to add social share buttons
- Optin form plugins for list building from day 1 (highly recommended)
- 5 Best Contact Form Builder WordPress Plugins (With Tutorial)
- 4 Best Cache Plugins To Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- 3 Best Link Cloaking Plugins For WordPress (If you are planning to do affiliate marketing, I highly recommend you to use any of these plugins from day 1)
To make your WordPress blog more SEO friendly, Read these:
- What is SEO
- How To Automatically Make Your Images SEO Friendly
- The Best, Free & SEO Friendly WordPress Themes
- Top 5 SEO Plugins For Enhanced Search Engine Visibility
- 5 Best ThemeShops To Get SEO Optimized Themes For WordPress
- How To Rank First In Search Engine Results – SEO Guide
- How To Get Schema Star Ratings On Google With WordPress Blog
And few guides on better blogging:
- 5 Tools To Get New Blog Post Ideas In Minutes
- Top 5 Mistakes Every New Blogger Makes [And How to Correct Them]
- 5 Tools To Do Keyword Research and Get Suggestions For Blog Posts
- How To Create Beautiful Custom Images For Your Blog With Stencil
And a few guides on making money from your blog (yay!)
- How to get Adsense approval
- Free Advanced Ads plugin to show ads on your WordPress blog with ease
- The Best & Highest paying CPM Ads Network with Fast Approval
- 5 Best Affiliate Programs To Earn Money From Your Blog
- 8 Ways To Make More Money From Your Blog Without Ads
- What is Affiliate Marketing – a Beginners guide
- 3 Tips For Selecting The Best Affiliate Programs For Your Blog
- Some misconceptions about affiliate marketing
And now, here are a few advanced level guide:
- Create Free Coupon Widgets In WordPress (And Promote Affiliate Products)
- How To Create Custom Buttons In WordPress (Without Coding)
- How to Show Different Post Titles to Search Engine and Real Users
- 3 Tips For Writing Headlines That Get Clicks Like Crazy
- How to Setup AMP Pages For Your WordPress Blog Posts
Read the following guides and soon you will be able to handle all your blogging needs. WordPress isn’t very hard to use and if you face any issues with your WordPress blog or if you need to ask anything, Don’t hesitate to contact me, Its free and I reply to every email I receive.
I Hope this was helpful and Thanks for using this guide. Don’t forget to share this on your favorite social network. Feel free to ask anything in the comments section below.
Subscribe & Get Access To ALL Resources
Subscribe BforBloggers list to download 50 evergreen content ideas, 10 blog post templates, 21 ideas to convert your visitors and a 19 paged printable and repeatable blog planner