Getting your traffic all through your sales funnel and converting cold traffic into warm and then hot traffic isn’t easy. You’ll lose tons of people along the way.
That’s why it’s extremely important you do your best to keep the ones who have reached your eCommerce platform and are part of the hot traffic now.
How do you do that?
There are many ways, but one key strategy is building high-converting shopping carts.
A good shopping cart will help you minimize cart abandonment, among other problems. The most famous tool for this is ThriveCart.
However, it’s not perfect, so if you want more options, keep reading this post for powerful ThriveCart alternatives.
Why you might want a ThriveCart alternative?
ThriveCart is one of the most popular shopping cart software tools out there.
It has many advantages: the ability to build a multi-page sales funnel, no additional fees after your purchase, and excellent use of the abandonment cart functionality.
However, it also has some downsides like:
- High fee. At the time of this post, ThriveCart had a lifetime offer of $495. Yes, you pay just once to use it forever, but it turns into a problem if you can’t pay that sum all at once.
- No chat support.
- Limited checkout templates. Although you can customize the templates, they don’t have a big selection.
Here are some of the best alternatives to ThriveCart you can opt for.
SamCart is the first ThriveCart alternative on our list. When you run a business, you don’t want to worry about technology and they get that.
With SamCart you can easily maximize customer value and boost conversions. Besides, you can sell physical and digital products with this tool.
They have a knowledge base, a blog, and free training videos to help you start selling in a heartbeat.
- Drag and drop page builder.
- Unlimited products, pages, and memberships.
- Dashboard and sales report.
- Integration engine.
- Access to SamCart University.
- Digital wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and more.
- Localization: sell in any language and currency!
- Seamlessly sync up with more than 750 integrations.
- A/B testing.
- Built-in SSL and security.
- Import Students.
All plans include a 14-free trial.
- Launch: $49 per month. Standard integrations for one user.
- Grow: $99 per month. On-demand executive reports and built-in SEO engine.
- Scale: $199 per month. Custom CRM and API integrations.
- Enterprise: $399.99 per month. Multiple sub-accounts and product roadmap prioritization.
PayKickStart was founded in 2016 by Mark Thomson and Matt Callen. Since then they have processed over $1.2 billion for more than 3,500 customers. PayKickStart makes the complex world of accepting payments very easy for you.
This tool is one of the best ThriveCart alternatives for selling software, information products, membership sites, and services. But they also support simple physical goods with ShipZoom and ShipOffers integrations.
And besides their paid services, PayKickStart has a whole set of free resources to help everyone keep up to date and ahead of your competition: a blog, daily webinars, whitepapers, and guides.
- Mobile wallet payments.
- Multi-language support.
- Cart recovery, exit intent, and one-click upsell.
- Plenty of integrations including Zapier and Slack.
- Reporting and analytics.
- PCI compliant and licensing engine.
- Surveys and other retention tools.
PayKickStart is the most expensive on this list. But all plans include a 14-day free trial and you can get two months free if you pay annually.
- Starter: $99 per month. Comes with payment integrations and checkout templates, among other things.
- Growth: $199 per month. Everything in Starter, plus API access and customer retention tools.
- Scale: $299 per month. Unlimited users and advanced customer support.
Gumroad is an e-commerce platform that doesn’t focus on making a ton of money. Instead, they care about improving their services for creators and creating value. They are even planning to open-source completely, WordPress-style.
The tool is for artists and creators: they let you sell digital services memberships, courses, whatever you want!
What I like about Gumroad is that it doesn’t give you huge promises. They literally say “Don’t take risks, place small bets”. And although we know taking risks can be insanely beneficial, nothing can go wrong with small bets.
- Flexible page editor.
- Import your email list.
- Powerful automated workflows.
- Accept multiple currencies and payments from PayPal.
- Offer coupons and discounts.
- Generate license key.
- Protect your content with digital rights management (DRM).
- Audience feature: build a mailing list and generate enthusiasm for your work, even if you don’t have products to sell yet!
Gumroad is free to start. Then the more you sell, the less you pay. They don’t charge a monthly fee so you can prioritize your profits. Instead, they have a fee that varies according to your lifetime earning milestones.
For $0, Gumroad charges 9% while for $100,000 the fee is 3%.
Unlike the other ThriveCart alternatives we mentioned, CartFlows is designed especially for WordPress websites. Their founders developed it in 2018 for themselves: they wanted a way to have full control over every aspect of the buyer’s journey.
Since then, they have had tons of powerful feature updates and have managed to get even better than they imagined.
CartFlows is the perfect complement to WooCommerce, making the eCommerce platform buyer-friendly. They are also great at reinforcing the buying decision every step of the way.
- Use on up to 30 websites.
- Build unlimited funnels.
- Cart abandonment functionality.
- Lead generation, one-click upsells, and down-sell and order bumps.
- A/B split testing.
- Facebook Pixel integration.
- Unlimited and customizable thank you pages.
- Insights on gross sales, revenue at each step of the flow, and more.
- Free forever: access to limited landing pages, checkout pages, and other basic features.
- Pro: $239 annually or $999 as a lifetime license (you can split the payment into 4 monthly installments). Includes all the premium features such as field reordering and A/B split testing.
CartFlows has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What started as a 2-person startup is now a global team of hundreds helping retailers make billions in sales.
Don’t be discouraged by the name; although they have special solutions for enterprises, you don’t have to be a big company to sell with BigCommerce. But trust one thing: they will help you grow and achieve your full potential.
BigCommerce has tons of resources for sellers: a knowledge base, webinars, a podcast and BigCommerce University, as well as documentation and videos.
- Drag and drop page builder.
- 24/7 tech support: phone, chat, and ticket.
- Coupons, discounts, and gift cards.
- Abandoned cart saver.
- Connect with your favorite shopping providers.
- Sell on Instagram and Facebook.
- Real-time shipping quotes.
- Professional reporting tools.
- 65 payment getaways integrations as well as digital wallets.
Once you pick your plan, you get one month free:
- Standard: $29.95 per month. Get a built-in blog and the BigCommerce app.
- Plus: $79.95 per month. Access to stored credit cards and the persistent cart functionality.
- Pro: $299.95 per month. Custom product filtering.
- Enterprise: custom. API support.
Finally, in our ThriveCart alternatives list is Square Online. The company opened its doors back in 2009 and now partners with sellers of all sizes all over the world.
Any business will benefit from their free eCommerce website, but especially restaurants since they have a whole plan for them that includes ordering scheduling and tipping.
They also have cool features for retail: a built-in tax calculator, sync online and in-store inventory, and a customer directory.
And in case you’re looking for a photo editing app for your eCommerce pictures, Square Online also has one!
- Easy-to-use store builder.
- Unlimited products.
- Sell on Instagram and Facebook.
- Offer pickup, delivery, shipping, and even QR code ordering.
- Abandonment cart.
- Accept Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and more!
- Built-in SEO tools.
- Create coupons, gift cards and offer rewards for online and in-person purchases.
- Manage multiple locations.
- Point of sale solutions to fit your business: appointments, retail, restaurants.
If the free plan is too limited for you, you can try any paid plan for free.
- Free forever: sync with Square Point of Sales.
- Professional: $12 per month if paid annually. Custom domain and get Square without ads.
- Performance: $26 per month. Advanced reporting and product reviews.
- Premium: $72 per month. Discounts and real-time shipping.
The days when selling products and services required a lot of effort and money are gone. Now there are plenty of opportunities for anyone to make a profit or their work.
ThriveCart is a great option for small businesses and creators, but if you want ThriveCart alternatives, you’ll find any of the tools mentioned in this list will help you a lot.
I would love to know what ThriveCart alternative you choose!